Our practice is committed to best practice in relation to the management of information we collect. This practice hasdeveloped a policy to protect patient privacy in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘the Privacy Act’). Our policy is to inform you of:
2. What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The type of information we may collect and hold includes:
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
We will generally collect personal information:
4. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
In general, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
5. How can you access and correct your personal information?
You have a right to seek access to, and correction of the personal information which we hold about you.
For details on how to access and correct your health record, please contact our practice as noted below under ‘Contact Details’
We will normally respond to your request within 30 days.
6. How do we hold your personal information?
Our staff are trained and required to respect and protect your privacy. We take reasonable steps to protect information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes:
· Holding your information on an encrypted database
· Holding your information in secure cloud storage
· Holding your information in a lockable cabinet
· Our staff sign confidentiality agreements
· Our practice has document retention and destruction policies
7. Privacy related questions and complaints
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, you may lodge your complaint in writing to (see below for details). We will normally respond to your request within 30 days.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the OAIC:
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Post: GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
8. Anonymity and pseudonyms
The Privacy Act provides that individuals must have the option of not identifying themselves, or of using a pseudonym, when dealing with our practice, except in certain circumstances, such as where it is impracticable for us to deal with you if you have not identified yourself.
9. Overseas disclosure.
We may disclose your personal information to the following overseas recipients:
· any practice or individual who assists us in providing services (such as where you have come from overseas and had your health record transferred from overseas or have treatment continuing from an overseas provider)
10. Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and other necessary developments. Updates will be publicised on the practice's website.
11. Privacy and websites
· When you visit our website
o When you come to our website (www.drchristygraff.com,www.drchristygraff.com.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
· Third party sites
o Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware thatDrChristyGraff.com, Dr Christy Graff is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
12. Contact details for privacy related issues
Contact email Christy.firstname.lastname@example.org, or via telephone on (08) 7123 6171 or via mail to postal address Suite 15, Level 3 Ashford Specialist Centre, 57-59 Anzac Highway, Ashford SA 5035
Authorised and approved by Dr Christy Graff 30/01/2022